I have 163 days left in my 40s.
My mantra for 2018 is “Let’s Go” with the apostrophe. In 2017, I lived a life of excuses: I was too busy, too broke, too sick…the list was long.
With “Let’s Go!” as this year’s mission statement, my priorities become clearer:
- Spend time with the people I love? Let’s Go!
- Throw out all things in the house that I’m hoarding? Let’s Go!
- Get in better shape? Let’s Go!
The mantra can be modified by dropping the apostrophe, “…lets go.”
- Coz lets go of worrying about things out of her control.
- Coz lets her children go without giving them the doom and gloom speech of all the bad things that can happen.
- Coz lets go of toxic people and drama.
I was going to apologize for speaking in third person, but I’m letting it go.
I want to live in my 50s without making excuses or apologizing for choosing me. In my 30s and 40s, I thought it was honorable to put everyone ahead of myself. Everyone was fine, but I became more unhealthy and unhappy.
I gained 20 pounds. I started medication for high blood pressure. This isn’t how I want to live the next half of my life.
I am determined to spend these last 163 days working on the best me for 50. LET’S GO!
I am so happy you all are still with me in 2018. What are your goals for 2018? And what is your plan to get them done?